Dating in LondonGreater London is one of the 9 official regions of England, it is the smallest of the regions by geography covering just 607 square miles but is of course by far the largest by population with 8,204,100 residing within it's boundaries at the census in 2011. It was created in 1965 and comprises of the 32 London Boroughs and the City of London. The population is made up of 44.9% white British, 14.9% other whites, 18.4% Asian, 13.3% black, 5% mixed race and 3.4% other. Over the years London, despite it's size, has been depicted as a lonely place and one where it can be notoriously difficult to meet new friends and potential partners, so organised dating is very important within the metropolis, both in terms of events such as speed dating, dinner parties and music related events, through to online dating and on to high quality personal introductions. Dating in London could be said to be big business.
Our recommendations for those residing in London or the Greater London area are as follows:
- London is unique in terms of dating and has its own set of rules and protocols, as it caters for people living out of the city but working there, as well as people regularly travelling into the capital as well.
- London has almost every type of event and meeting opportunity that you could possibly imagine. Particularly popular is speed dating where you get the opportunity to meet face to face and check out that chemistry right up front, which has been very successful and popular with many over the last 10-15 years and remains so today.
- London based events can often start at an earlier time than is traditional in provincial towns and cities around the UK, to enable people to attend directly from their office or work place, so a 6.30 pm or 7.00 pm start time can be common.
- Online Dating will be a strong option within the London region and can be very cost effective too. Remember however that there has been a lot of criticism in the recent past, with exposure on the TV and in the press. And more and more people have been looking for a safer alternative.
- Within online dating there is no requirement for background checks at all in the UK, so please be prepared for people who may be exaggerate on occasions. Be cautious and do check out potential dates carefully prior to meeting them, it is also good practice to tell a friend or family member that you’re going on a date and we recommend that you only ever meet in a public place.
- If you are new to dating or have become wary after the recent spate of bad publicity, the use of a professional Personal Introductions company can often be seen as much more discreet and private, with your personal information, data and photographs held much more securely, than on a highly public online site.
- The highly public nature of online dating can be a concern to many people, particularly those in sensitive occupations or high profile positions, so elite personal introductions could be more appropriate in those circumstances.
- Many introductions agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker to guide you in the search for your perfect partner, this ensures you are guided by someone, experienced, with a strong knowledge of the dating industry and how it works. This personal approach can help you avoid the pitfalls and is one that is recommended by ourselves and can bring very good results, if given time.
- Costs of the use of a Personal Matchmaker can be more expensive however, particularly in London, so please be clear of the charges before you join. Typically anything between £500 and £20,000 can be quoted in London, although there are cost effective options if you look carefully.
Areas of London that are covered by our members:City of London, City of Westminster, plus the Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea, Wandsworth, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Islington, Camden, Brent, Ealing, Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Sutton, Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow and Hillingdon.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency - our recommendations for Greater LondonMembership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in Greater London. Our current recommended members providing service in Greater London include:
- Elect Club