Dating in London
Greater London is one of the 9 official regions of England, it is the smallest of the regions by geography covering just 607 square miles but is of course by far the largest by population with 8,204,100 residing within it’s boundaries at the census in 2011. It was created in 1965 and comprises of the 32 London Boroughs and the City of London. The population is made up of 44.9% white British, 14.9% other whites, 18.4% Asian, 13.3% black, 5% mixed race and 3.4% other.
Over the years London, despite it’s size, has been depicted as a lonely place and one where it can be notoriously difficult to meet new friends and potential partners, so organised dating is very important within the metropolis, both in terms of events such as speed dating, dinner parties and music related events, through to online dating and on to high quality personal introductions. Dating in London could be said to be big business.
Our recommendations for those residing in London or the Greater London area are as follows:
- London is unique in terms of dating and has its own set of rules and protocols, as it caters for people living out of the city but working there, as well as people regularly travelling into the capital as well.
- London has almost every type of event and meeting opportunity that you could possibly imagine. Particularly popular is speed dating where you get the opportunity to meet face to face and check out that chemistry right up front, which has been very successful and popular with many over the last 10-15 years and remains so today.
- London based events can often start at an earlier time than is traditional in provincial towns and cities around the UK, to enable people to attend directly from their office or work place, so a 6.30 pm or 7.00 pm start time can be common.
- Online Dating will be a strong option within the London region and can be very cost effective too. Remember however that there has been a lot of criticism in the recent past, with exposure on the TV and in the press. And more and more people have been looking for a safer alternative.
- Within online dating there is no requirement for background checks at all in the UK, so please be prepared for people who may be exaggerate on occasions. Be cautious and do check out potential dates carefully prior to meeting them, it is also good practice to tell a friend or family member that you’re going on a date and we recommend that you only ever meet in a public place.
- If you are new to dating or have become wary after the recent spate of bad publicity, the use of a professional Personal Introductions company can often be seen as much more discreet and private, with your personal information, data and photographs held much more securely, than on a highly public online site.
- The highly public nature of online dating can be a concern to many people, particularly those in sensitive occupations or high profile positions, so elite personal introductions could be more appropriate in those circumstances.
- Many introductions agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker to guide you in the search for your perfect partner, this ensures you are guided by someone, experienced, with a strong knowledge of the dating industry and how it works. This personal approach can help you avoid the pitfalls and is one that is recommended by ourselves and can bring very good results, if given time.
- Costs of the use of a Personal Matchmaker can be more expensive however, particularly in London, so please be clear of the charges before you join. Typically anything between £500 and £20,000 can be quoted in London, although there are cost effective options if you look carefully.
Areas of London that are covered by our members:
City of London, City of Westminster, plus the Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea, Wandsworth, Lambeth, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Islington, Camden, Brent, Ealing, Hounslow, Richmond upon Thames, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Sutton, Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge, Newham, Waltham Forest, Haringey, Enfield, Barnet, Harrow and Hillingdon.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for Greater London
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in Greater London.
Our current recommended members providing service in Greater London include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £695 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Do you want to create meaningful connections and meet compatible singles? Ditch the dodgy dating apps and join high calibre professionals looking for life partners with Mai Tai. The platform offers a fresh alternative to online dating by providing a bespoke dating service. Matchmakers arrange dinner dates for members by using a proven matchmaking model.
Visit the Mai Tai Group site at https://www.maitaigroup.com/connect-elitedating/
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK but particularly London and the Greater London Region, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with other London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including London and Greater London. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency in London and Greater London .
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk