Dating in North East England
North East England is one of the 9 official regions of England. According to the census of 2011 it is the smallest of all in terms of geography (apart from London), covering an area of 3,317 square miles and the second smallest in terms of population with 2,597,000 residing here, but it’s our belief that is one of the prettiest and most worth visiting.
The region covers the counties of Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Teesside and part of North Yorkshire, with Durham, Newcastle and Sunderland being the cities. Sunderland is the largest city with 280,000 residing there.
The region has much beautiful countryside within it but some areas are also very rural and isolated, which if you’re single can make meeting that perfect partner a little more difficult but this is something we can help with.
Our recommendations for dating and meeting a new partner in the North East are as follows:
- Dating in the cities and larger towns may well be very different to the rural areas in North East England
- Newcastle, Sunderland and Durham may well have an exciting range of regular dating events where you can meet face to face
- Online Dating may well be an option within the region but remember there is no requirement for background checks whatsoever in the UK, so all may not be what it seems, so proceed only cautiously
- Look for a well established agency with a good knowledge of the region and it’s counties, cities and towns and a strong presence here
- Some agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker concept and an experienced matchmaker could help considerably in the search for your perfect partner
- Larger dating companies may well be able to offer a larger database and therefore a much bigger choice of potential partners
- Take into account age groups if possible and look for an agency that specialises in your age group.
Locations covered by our members in the North East Region are as follows:
Newcastle upon Tyne, Sunderland, Gateshead, Durham, Darlington, Hartlepool, Stockton-on-Tees, Redcar, Cleveland, Middlesborough. Chester le Street, Bishop Auckland, Easington, Newton Ayliffe, Shildon, Peterlee, Ashington, Alnwick, Berwick, Consett, Stanley, Whitley Bay, Richmond, Billingham, Crook, Spennymoor, Houghton le Spring, Sedgefield.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for North East England
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in North East England.
Our current recommended members providing service in the North East include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
- One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
- A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
- Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
- One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including the North East, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including North East England. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency for the North East.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk