Dating in North West England
North West England is one of the 9 official regions of England and is particularly interesting as it is the 6th largest area in terms of geography, covering 5,469 square miles but is 3rd in terms of size by population with 7,052,000 people living here according to the census of 2011, behind just Greater London and the South East.
The density of population, therefore, gives more choice if you are seeking your perfect partner, as well as the number of options available to you in your search. So if you’re single and looking for that special someone in the counties of Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester or Cheshire.
Here are our recommendations:
- Dating opportunities in the larger towns and cities will be considerably more comprehensive than in rural areas of the region.
- Most of the larger towns and certainly the cities will have a varied range of regular dating events and meeting opportunities where you get the opportunity to meet face to face and check out that chemistry right up front.
- Online Dating will be an option within the region but remember there has been a lot of criticism in this area in the recent past and that there is no requirement for background checks whatsoever in the UK, so all may not be what it you see initially and we would recommend that you do check out potential dates very carefully prior to meeting them and only ever in a public place.
- If you prefer to use a professional personal introductions company to help you in your search, where potential partners have been more carefully checked, look for a well established agency with a good knowledge of the region and it’s counties, cities and towns and a strong presence in the North West Region.
- In some instances agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker to help in the search for your Mr or Ms Right, someone with a strong knowledge of the industry and its pitfalls, we recommend this personal approach.
- In many instances ‘big is beautiful’ and larger dating companies might be able to offer a larger database and therefore a much bigger choice of potential partners, so look for a very well established company with longevity.
- Niche markets can work for you too, so take into account companies that specialise in particular age groups so look for an agency that specialises in your age group, it’s just common sense.
Areas covered by our members in the North West of England:
Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Preston, Stockport, Oldham, St Helens, Chester, Warrington, Rochdale, Southport, Birkenhead, Wigan, Burnley, Salford, Carlisle, Barrow in Furness, Crewe, Ellesmere Port, Bury, Bootle, Wallasey, Huyton, Widnes, Sale, Macclesfield, Lancaster, Morecambe, Stretford, Ashton under Lyne, Leigh, Swinton, Lytham St Annes, Urmston, Walkden, Altrincham, Leyland, Skelmersdale, Eccles, Accrington, Darwen, Denton, Radcliffe, Tyldesley, Chorley, Chadderton, Prestwich, Hyde, Thornton Cleveleys, Wilmslow, Winsford, Reddish, Northwich, Nantwich, Maghull, Ashton in Makerfield, Fleetwood, Kendal, Whitehaven, Farnworth, South Turton, Workington, Formby, Saddleworth, Marple, Hindley, Ormskirk, Whitefield, Droylesden, Golborne, Westhoughton, Congleton, Stalybridge, Clitheroe, Rawtenstall, Shaw, Crompton, Royton, Failsworth, Colne and Wythanshawe.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for North West England
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in North West England.
Our current recommended members providing service in the North West include:
When you join INTRO, you can be confident that you will be introduced to people who are who they say they are, really look like they do on their profile photograph and are genuinely looking for a long term relationship. We are based in Cheshire and meet all our clients in person.
Visit the Intro Agency site at https://www.intro-nw.com/
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including the North West Region, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one-off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same-sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including the North West. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long-term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency for North West England.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk