Dating in Scotland
Scotland is home to a population of more than 5 million people and also boasts some of the UK’s largest cities in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee but also can be very rural too, with a much lower density of population than the average in the United Kingdom in some of the more rural areas and sometimes in finding partners, that rural nature can be a disadvantage and make things a little harder.
Not all dating or personal introductions companies are able to provide a true national coverage and this can be a drawback, particularly if you live in one of the more rural areas away from the larger conurbations, where numbers of daters could be smaller. So choose your company or agency carefully.
Our recommendations for those residing in Scotland would be as follows:
- Look for a well established agency
- Look for an agency with as large a database of people as possible – so bigger may be better
- Be opened minded about meeting people from out of your area
- Take into account age groups if possible and look for an agency that specialises in your age group.
Areas covered in Scotland
Our members provide service in the following locations in Scotland:
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Paisley, East Kilbride, Livingston, Hamilton, Cumbernauld, Kirkcaldy and Dysart, Dunfermline, Perh, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Greenock, Coatbridge, Glenrothes, Aidrie, Stirling, Falkirk, Irvine, Dunfries, Motherwell, Rutherglen, Wishaw, Clydebank, Bearsden, Cambuslang, Buckhaven, Methil, Methilhill, Leven, Newton Mearns, Arbroath, Elgin, Bishopsbriggs, Musselburgh, Renfrew, Bellshill, Alloa, Bathgate, Dumbarton, Kirkintilloch, Peterhead, Blantyre, Barrhead, Grangemouth, St Andrews, Kilwinning, Johnstone, Viewpark, Penicuik, Erskine, Broxburn.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for Scotland
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in Scotland.
Our current recommended members providing service in Scotland include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
- One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
- Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
- One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including all of Scotland, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
- Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk