Dating in London and the South East of England
The South East of England is one of the 9 official regions of England and is the 3rd largest by geography, covering 7,373 square miles but the largest by population, with 8,635,000 living here according to the census of 2011 and also one of the most affluent. The region is made up of the counties of Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
The South East has the highest number of people from a professional background of anywhere in the UK and the highest number of small business owners too but busy successful lives can leave you cash and asset rich but time poor and if you’re single you may not have the time to devote to the pursuit of that perfect partner, so organised dating activities, online dating and high quality personal introductions may well be the answer.
Our recommendations for those residing in the South East are as follows:
- If you live in one of the larger towns or cities or live or work in London, then your dating options will be greater than in the rural areas of the region.
- Many of the larger towns and certainly the cities, particularly London, will have an abundance of regular dating events and meeting opportunities where you get the opportunity to meet face to face and check out that chemistry right up front, which can be very successful and popular with many.
- London based events are often at an earlier start time than in provincial towns and cities, to enable people to attend directly from their office or place of work
- Online Dating will be a strong option within the region but remember there has been a lot of criticism in the recent past, with exposure on the TV and in the press. There is no requirement for background checks at all in the UK, so please be prepared for disappointment on occasions and we would recommend that you do check out potential dates carefully prior to meeting them, tell a friend that you’re going on a date and only ever meet in a public place.
- If you have become nervous about online dating, you are new to dating after a long marriage or enduring relationship over many years, you may prefer to use a professional personal introductions company. Their strength is that potential partners have been more carefully ID checked and interviewed prior to being able to join as a member. Look for a well established agency within the South East region, which has a good knowledge the area and its cities and towns.
- The use of a professional Personal Introductions company can often be seen as much more discreet and private, with your personal information, data and photographs held much more securely, than a highly public online profile.
- On occasions agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker to guide you in the search for your perfect partner, this concept ensures you are guided by someone with a strong knowledge of the dating industry and its idiosyncrasies. This personal approach is one that is recommended by ourselves.
- In our experience ‘big can be beautiful’ and larger dating companies might be able to offer a larger database and as a consequence a much better choice of potential partners, so look for a very well established company with longevity if at all possible.
- Sometimes niche markets can work for you too, so it is our recommendation for potential clients to look for a company or agency that specialises in particular age groups.
- Charges can vary dramatically particularly in London, so be clear what the charges are before you commit yourself, value for money is available if you seek it out.
Areas covered by our recommended members in the South East are as follows:
Abingdon, Banbury, Bicester, Chipping Norton, Didcot, Henley on Thames, Shillingford, Thame, Wallingford, Witney, Amersham, Aylesbury, Beaconsfield, Bletchley, Bourne End, Buckingham, Chesham, Great Missenden, High Wycombe, Marlow, Milton Keynes, Princes Risborough, Stoney Stratford, Wendover, Winslow, Ascot, Bracknell, Goring and Streatley, Hungerford, Maidenhead, Newbury, Reading, Sandhurst, Slough, Thatcham, Windsor, Wokingham. Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester, Aldershot, Alresford, Andover, Basingstoke, Chandlars Ford, Eastleigh, Farnborough, Gosport, Greywell, Lymington, Romsey, Guildford, Dorking, Epsom, Farnham, Godalming, Redhill, Thames Ditton, Kingston upon Thames, Weybridge, Woking, Arundel, Bognor Regis, Burgess Hill, Chichester, Crawley, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Horsham, Littlehampton, Midhurst, Petworth, Selsey, Southwick, Shoreham by Sea, Steyning, Worthing, Brighton and Hove, Eastbourne, Hastings, Battle, Crowborough, Lewes, Newhaven, Seaford, Hailsham, Bexhill, Rye, Heathfield, Uckfield, Hartfield, Canterbury, Rochester, Maidstone, Ashford, Broadstairs, Chatham, Dartford, Deal, Dover, Faversham, Folkestone, Gillingham, Gravesend, Hythe, Margate, Ramsgate, Sandwich, Sevenoaks, Sittingbourne, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Whitstable.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for London and the South East of England
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in London and the South East.
Our current recommended members providing service in London and the South East include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including London and the South East of England, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including the South East and London. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency in the South East and London.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk