Dating in South West England
The South West of England, is one of the 9 official regions of England and is actually the largest of all 9 in terms of the geographical area that it covers, which in all is 9,200 square miles – an area that is actually larger than Wales. This stretches from Gloucestershire in the north of the region, down through, Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall.
The population of the South West region is actually 5,289,000 according to the 2011 census and that places the region 6th out of the 9 regions in terms of population, so a region of low population density, when compared to much of the rest of England. The more rural aspects of the region is taken into account with regards to the dating advice we give below.
Our recommendations for dating and meeting a new partner in the South West of England are as follows:
- The opportunities and methods of finding a new partner will vary dramatically in the South West depending whether or not you live in the cities or large towns or whether you are located in a more rural location. Dating events and activities in the cities and larger towns may well be very popular and quite abundant, if this is something that appeals.
- Larger cities or towns such as Bristol, Bath, Bournemouth, Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth, Cheltenham, Gloucester and Swindon may well have an exciting range of regular dating events, such as speed dating, music and dance nights, black tie balls, weekend breaks and dinner parties or derivatives of these, where you can meet face to face and check out the chemistry right upfront. Which is an opportunity that some people can see as an advantage.
- Online Dating may well be an option within the region and has been very popular in the past but remember there is no requirement for background checks whatsoever in the UK, so all may not be what it seems, so proceed only cautiously, particularly in the light of the recent bad publicity in the press and on TV, particularly the BBC’s Panorama programme ‘Tainted Love’.
- We recommend that you look for a well established dating agency with a good knowledge of the region and it’s counties, cities and towns and a strong presence there over the years. To some extent, larger companies with their bigger data bases can often be the best option and provide a greater level of choice.
- Some agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker concept, where someone highly trained and with a good knowledge of the dating industry can help and guide you through the dating processes, which could be a major positive, particularly if you’re new to dating or have not had the success you were hoping for previously.
- Many companies now specialise in a particular niche market and take into account age groups. So it can be advantageous to look for an agency that specialises in your age group, typically these can be 20-40, 30-55, or 40, 50 and 60+.
Locations covered by our members in the South West Region are as follows:
Ashburton, Axeminster, Barnstaple, Bristol, Bath, Bude, Bideford, Bishops Cleeve, Blandford Forum, Bournemouth, Bridgewater, Bridport, Budleigh Salterton, Dawlish, Exeter, Exmouth, Falmouth, Ilfracombe, Launceston, Lyme Regis, Lynton and Lynmouth, Marlborough, Mendip, Minehead, Northleach, Ottery St Mary, Okehampton, Padstow, Paignton, Penzance, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury,Seaton, Shaftesbury, Sidmouth,St Ives, Stroud, Swindon, Teignmouth, Tewkesbury, Tiverton, Torquay, Truro, Ware, Watchet, Wellington, Weston Super Mare, Weymouth,Westward Ho!, Wimbourne, Yeovil,
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for South West England
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in South West England.
Our current recommended members providing service in South West England include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including the South West Region and the West Country, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including the South West of England. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency in the South West Region.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk