Dating in the East Midlands
The East Midlands region is one of the 9 official regions of England, it is ranked 4th in terms of the geographical area that it covers, which is 6,033 square miles but is one of the smallest in terms of population and is ranked 8 out of the 9 with a population of 4,533,000 according to 2011 census statistics. It covers the counties of Lincolnshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire along with the principal cities of Nottingham, Lincoln, Derby, Leicester, and Northampton the county town of Northamptonshire, along with much of the picturesque Peak District, Sherwood Forest and much beautiful countryside.
Here are our recommendations for the East Midlands:
- Dating and meeting opportunities in the larger towns and cities will be considerably more abundant than in rural areas of the region.
- Most of the larger towns and certainly the cities will have a varied range of regular dating events and meeting opportunities such as speed dating, dinner parties, black tie balls, casino evenings etc where you get the opportunity to meet face to face and check out that vital chemistry right up front.
- Online Dating will be an option within the region but remember there has much criticism in this particular area in recent times
- There is no requirement for background checks whatsoever in the UK, so all may not be what it you see initially and we would recommend that you do check out potential dates very carefully prior to meeting them and only ever in a public place.
- Many people now prefer to use a professional personal introductions company to help you in your search, where potential partners have been more carefully checked, look for a well established agency with a good knowledge of the region and it’s counties, cities and towns and a strong presence in the East Midlands
- In some instances agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker to help in the search for your Mr or Ms Right, someone with a strong knowledge of the industry and its pitfalls, we recommend this personal and highly professional approach to seeking out new partners.
- Larger and well established companies may be able to offer a bigger database and therefore a more comprehensive choice of potential partners, so look for a very well established company with longevity in the area.
- Niche markets are a worthy consideration, so we recommend that you take into account companies that specialise in particular age groups, such as 30-50 or 50+ and 60+.
Areas covered by our members in the East Midlands Region:
Alford, Alfreton, Ashbourne, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Bakewell, Beeston, Belper, Bingham, Blaby, Bolsover, Boston, Bourne, Brackley, Buxton, Calverton, Castle Donnington, Chapel-en-le-Frith, Charnwood, Chesterfield, Coalville, Corby, Crich, Crick, Crowland, Daventry, Derby, Dronfield, Duffield, Eastwood, Gainsborough, Glossop, Grantham, Heanor, Higam Ferrers, Hickley, Holbeach, Holbrook, Hope, Horncastle, Hucknall, Huthwaite, Ilkeston, Ingoldmells, Irchester, Irhlingborough, Kegworth, Kettering, Kirkby in Ashfield, Leicester, Lincoln, Littleover, Long Eaton, Loughborough, Louth, Lowdham, Lutterworth, Mablethorpe, Mansfield, Market Deeping, Market Rasen, Matlock, Measham, Melbourne, Melton Mowbray,New Mills, Newark, Northampton, Nottingham, Oakham, Oundle, Quorn, Radcliffe-on-Trent, Ravenshead, Retford, Ripley, Rushden, Shepshed, Skegness, Sleaford, Southwell, Spalding, Spilsby, Stamford, Spondon, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Sutton-on-Trent, Sutton-on-Sea, Swadlincote, Towcester, Tuxford, Wellingborough, West Bridgford, Wirksworth, Woodhall Spa, Worksop.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for the East Midlands
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in the East Midlands.
Our current recommended members providing service in the East Midlands include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including the East Midlands Region, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including the East Midlands. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency in the East Midlands.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk