Dating in the East of England region
The East of England is one of the 9 official regions of England and is one of the biggest in terms of the geographical area it covers, which is 7,382 square miles, an area that is not far short of Wales in size, and the 2nd largest of the 9 official regions. In terms of population it is the 4th largest and has 5,847,000 people residing within it. So an important region nationally, it is made up of the counties of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk, with Norwich, Ipswich, Cambridge, Luton, Basildon, Chelmsford, Southend-on-Sea and Peterborough as the largest towns and cities.
The East of England is classed as a semi rural region, with a lower than average density of population compared with much of England and this is translated into dating terms too, with a smaller number of organised dating events than some and the rural nature favouring traditional methods of meeting such as high quality personal introductions.
Our recommendations for dating and meeting a new partner in the East of England are as follows:
- Dating events and activities in the cities and larger towns may well be very different to the rural areas of the region and provide a wide range of activities
- Larger towns such as Norwich, Ipswich, Peterborough and Cambridge have an exciting range of regular dating events, such as speed dating, music and dance nights and dinner parties and derivatives of these, where you can meet face to face and check out the chemistry right from the start, which for many people can be seen as an advantage.
- Online Dating may well be an option within the region but remember there is no requirement for background checks whatsoever in the UK, so all may not be what it seems, so proceed only cautiously, particularly in the light of the recent bad publicity in the press and on TV
- Look for a well established dating agency with a good knowledge of the region and it’s counties, cities and towns and a strong presence there over the years
- Some agencies now use a Personal Matchmaker concept, where someone highly trained and with a good knowledge of the dating industry can help and guide you through the dating processes, which could be a major positive.
- Longer established dating companies, who have the size, longevity and experience gained over a number of years may well be able to offer a larger database and therefore offer you a much bigger choice of potential partners.
- Also these days many companies specialise in a particular niche and take into account age groups. So it can be advantageous to look for an agency that specialises in your age group, whatever that maybe.
Locations covered by our members in the East of England Region:
Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ely, Newmarket, Norwich, Peterborough, St Albans, Hertford, Southend-on-Sea, Leigh-on-Sea, Shoeburyness, Grays, Tilbury, Westcliff-on-Sea, Harlow, Hemel Hempstead, Epping, Chigwell, Chipping Ongar, Brentwood, Basildon, Castle Point, Canvey Island, Hadleigh, South Benfleet, Rochford, Rayleigh, Maldon, Burnham on Crouch, Uttlesford, Sarffon Walden, Braintree, Colchester, Tendring, Clacton-on-Sea, Walton-on-the-Naze, Frinton-on-Sea, Brightlingsea, Harwich, Three Rivers, Rickmansworth, Chorleywood, Watford, Hertsmere, Borehamwood, Bushey, Elstree, Radlett, Potters Bar, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Broxbourne, Waltham Cross, Hoddesden, Bishops Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Stevenage, Dacorum, Luton, Bedford, Huntingdon, Great Yarmouth, Kings Lynn, Cromer, Holt, Sheringham, Hunstanton, Downham Market, Chatteris, March, Whittlesey, Wisbech, Waveney, Bury St Edmunds, Beccles, Bunghay, Southwold, Felixtowe, Saxmundham, Thurrock, Needham Market, Stowmarket.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for the East of England
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in the East of England.
Our current recommended members providing service in the East of England include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK, including the East of England Region, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including the East of England Region. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency in the East of England.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk