Dating in the West Midlands
The West Midlands region is one of the 9 official regions of England. It is ranked 7th in both terms of population and the geographical area that it covers, with a population of 5,602,000 and a geographical area of 5,020 square miles. It does however boast the UK’s second city, Birmingham, within it’s area and other cities of Wolverhampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Coventry along with the following historic county towns of Worcester, Shrewsbury and Hereford. the counties covered by the region are Staffordshire, West Midlands County, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire.
It is a highly industrialised area with a high density of population and that reflects in our recommendations with regards to dating and finding that special partner too.
Here are our recommendations:
- If you live in one of the larger towns or cities of the West Midlands your dating options will obviously be greater than in the rural areas of the region.
- Many of the larger towns and certainly the cities in the West Midlands will have an abundance of regular dating events and meeting opportunities. These would include speed dating, disco and dance events, black tie balls and weekend breaks for singles where you get the opportunity to meet face to face and check out that chemistry right up front, which can be a very successful concept for many people.
- Online Dating will be a strong option within the West Midlands region and remains tremendously popular with many experienced daters. However the recent spate of bad publicity, particularly on the BBC’s Panorama programme has been off putting for some.
- The major shortfall being that with online dating there is no requirement for background checks at all in the UK, so please be prepared for disappointment sometimes, with people using out of date photographs and other forms of dishonesty. So we would always recommend a degree of caution and that you do always check out potential dates carefully prior to meeting them, tell a friend that you’re going on a date and only ever meet in a public place.
- If the bad publicity around online dating has been off putting and you have become nervous about it. Or if you are new to dating after a long marriage or lengthy relationship over a significant period, you may prefer to choose a more cautious approach and use a professional personal introductions company.
- Within personal introductions, their strength is that potential partners have been more carefully ID checked and interviewed prior to being able to join as a member. We recommend that you look for a well established agency within the West Midlands region, a company which has a good knowledge of the area and its cities and towns.
- Sometimes niche markets can work for you too, so take it is our recommendation for potential clients to look for a company or agency that specialises in particular age groups, such as 20-40, 30-50, 40+, 50+ and 60+ and we would recommend looking for a fit with your own age group.
- Finally it stands to reason that on occasions ‘big can be beautiful’ and that companies with a larger data base can provide more choice and therefore a more efficient service.
Areas within the West Midlands that are covered by our members:
Birmingham, Coventry, Stoke-on-Trent, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Telford, West Bromwich, Sutton Coldfield, Newcastle under Lyme, Nuneaton, Redditch, Shrewsbury, Solihull, Tamworth, Worcester, Burton-on-Trent, Cannock, Halesowen, Hereford, Kidderminster, Rugby, Stafford, Stourbridge, Leamington Spa, Leek, Lichfield, Stratford-on-Avon, Bedworth, Warwick.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for the West Midlands
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in the West Midlands.
Our current recommended members providing service in the West Midlands include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Established in 2014 and a London based agency that covers the whole of the UK,including the West Midlands Region, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London based agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including the West Midlands. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency in the West Midlands.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk