Dating in Wales
Wales has a population of 3,063,000 according to the census of 2011 and covers an area of over 8,023 square miles.
It’s largest towns and cities are Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Llanelli, Barry, Cwmbran and Neath. The rural aspect of the country makes finding a new partner a little trickier on occasions if you are away from the larger conurbations but specialist introductions agencies can assist with these sort of issues and therefore they shouldn’t be anything to damper your enthusiasm or optimism in searching for a new partner.
Without a doubt not all dating or personal introductions companies will be able to provide coverage across the whole of Wales, so if possible do choose one of the larger and better established agencies to avoid potential problems if you live in one of the more rural areas away from the major towns and cities, as the number of eligible singles may be much smaller. So we would recommend that you choose your company or agency with care.
Our recommendations in choosing an agency would be as follows:
- Look for a well established agency with a good knowledge of Wales and strong presence
- Some agencies use a Personal Matchmaker concept and an experienced matchmaker could help considerably in the search for your perfect partner
- Larger dating companies may well be able to offer a larger choice of potential partners
- Be opened minded about meeting people from out of your area and be prepared to travel longer distances if it’s possible
- Take into account age groups if possible and look for an agency that specialises in your age group.
Here are the locations covered by our recommended members in Wales:
Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Llanelli, Barry, Cwmbran, Neath, Wrexham, Bridgend, Port Talbot, Pontypool, Aberdare, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Colwyn Bay, Pontypridd, Rhyl, Shotton, Hawarden, Penarth, Risca, Mountain Ash, Abercynon, Gorseinon, Pontardawe, Clydach, Ebbw Vale, Prestatyn, Maesteg, Buckley, Brymbo, Gwersyllt, Abergele, Gelligaer, Connahs Quay, Aberystwyth, Porthcawl, Blackwood, Bangor, Llandudno, Tredegar, Brynmawr, Carmarthen, Abergavenny, Bargoed, Haverfordwest, Llantwit Major, Rhosllannerchrugog, Milford Haven, Treharris, Nelson, Ammanford, Pyle, Flint, Caldicot, Holyhead, Abertillery, Llantrisant, Pontyclun, Chepstow, Newtown, Abercarn, Newbridge, Aberkenfig, Bryncoch, Caernarfon, Mold, Caerleon, Llandudno Junction, Tonyrefail, Pembroke Dock, Monmouth, Pencoed, Denbigh, Bedwas, Brecon, Ferndale, Pembroke, Holywell, Welshpool, Ruthin, Tenby, Pwllheli, Conwy, Fishguard, Saundersfoot, Lampeter Builth Wells and Beaumaris.
Finding a reputable dating or personal introductions agency – our recommendations for Wales
Membership of the Dating Agency Association is now open to all UK based dating organisations, here are our members in Wales.
Our current recommended members providing service in Wales include:
Avenues Dating Ltd
One of the longest established agencies in the UK and now specialising in dating and introductory services for those in their 50,s, 60’s and 70’s. Offers dating services for more mature individuals and excellent value for money, with prices starting from just £1195 for a full years membership, which is less than online dating in some instances but with the same excellent standards of service through your own personal matchmaker and high level of confidentiality.
Visit the Avenues Dating site at www.avenuesdating.co.uk
Attractive Partners Ltd
- A well known, well respected and popular name in personal introductions, established in 2003 and based in London in Berkeley Square, Mayfair, offering elite quality introductions from an extensive database. One of the most comprehensive choices of membership packages on the market, with Ultimate, Elite and Elect packages to choose from and a company that we thoroughly endorse. Attractive Partners is a national company and covers ages 30 up to those in active retirement.
Visit the Attractive Partners site at www.attractivepartners.co.uk
Matchmakers Dating Ltd
- Established in 2005 and an agency for those with a younger profile and outlook on life, Matchmakers specialises in clients aged 25-49, which is almost unique in the world of personal introductions. Matchmakers is an agency that has a more vibrant feel than many traditional competitors, catering for the many younger people now looking for a safer, less risky way of meeting other younger professionals, offering the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Visit the Matchmakers Dating site at www.matchmakersdating.co.uk
- One of the biggest names in personal introductions in the UK, catering for higher net worth professionals, business people and academics, based in rural Warwickshire. There are two levels of membership, Platinum and Associate, which both offer unique features and good value for money.
Visit the Searchmate site at www.searchmate.co.uk
Ultimate Attraction Ltd
A London based agency that covers the whole of the UK including Wales, for those looking for service excellence and high net worth, professional partners. Ultimate Attraction is only available to executive calibre clients aged 30-59 and offers a high end service but without the huge costs often associated with London agencies.
Visit the Ultimate Attraction site at www.ultimateattraction.co.uk
When the Music Stops Ltd
Established since 2003 and specialising in high quality dating events, weekend breaks, black tie events and singles holidays, based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. There is no ongoing membership required and you can book individual events at a one off cost. So providing great value.
Visit the When the Music Stops site at www.whenthemusicstops.com
Established since 2014 and specialising in matching same sex couples, based in Mayfair, London, but covering the whole of the UK, including Wales. Gay Relationships is run to the highest of standards by Sarah James and her team, and welcomes gay people of both sexes who are seeking a long term and enduring relationship or marriage. Gay Relationships is our only recommended Gay Agency.
Visit the Gay Relationships site at www.gayrelationships.co.uk